Hybrid of Futsal and Soccer returns to Seacoast United Maine North and runs from November to January for players aged 7 to 14 years old!
Seacoast United Maine North are excited to bring back our exciting indoor program to the selection of options for youth soccer players in the area, during the Winter of 2017/18. “Futsal” is a 5v5 indoor game of soccer that will be played with official Futsal balls.
Children have an intrinsic desire to PLAY and that’s what Futsal Friday nights will entail. Futsal will be a co-ed session for players aged 7, 8 and 9 in the first hour, followed by 10, 11 12, 13 and 14 year olds the following hour. The children will be allowed to play freely in game, with zero coaching, other than the watchful eye of our coaches on the behavior levels, which can’t be resolved by the players. The games will be played with the best of modern music in the background and any players who are not playing in a game will be receiving some light technical training, as a group, from our professional coaching staff, which they can then transfer to their next game.
“It’s going to be a lot of fun”, mentions Youth Program Director, Pete McDonnell. “Players receive a lot of coaching these days, and there’s nothing wrong with that in many ways, but they also need to just play with their friends. Street soccer used to be where the best players came from, but now it needs to be in an environment which is warm and safe for players to express themselves and have fun, and we will do that here with some music, a futsal ball and a lot of play!”
The benefits of the game of Futsal include:
- Improves players decision making skills
- Provides players with more touches on the ball
- The heavier ball increases the power of players
- It develops the confidence in players to go 1v1 against their opponent
- It allows players to be creative in getting around their opposition
- It improves reaction time
Here are some benefits of free/unstructured play for children:
- Builds creativity and ability to come up with unique ideas.
- Develops motor planning skills, helping the child to create and carry out ideas, motor actions, and activities.
- Fosters decision-making skills. Unstructured play provides many opportunities to make choices while playing alone or while playing in a group.
- Fosters independence. Helps children learn to think independently and teaches them how to entertain themselves.
- Develops social skills and collaborative play skills. Free play allows children to develop conflict resolution skills and learn to take turns. It also helps children develop their skills as leaders and as followers.
- Provides opportunities for children to discover their own skills and own their own development!
Footsal Fridays begin at the Seacoast United Blackbear Soccer Facility on Friday, December 2nd, 2016 and run for 8 weeks, through the months of December, January and February, excluding time off for holidays.
- Players aged 7, 8 and 9 @ 6-7pm
- Players aged in 10-14 @ 7-8pm
Cost is $79 per player
Registration link is - HERE
Hurry, as places are limited to 24 players per hour!
For more information on all of the additional youth programs open to all members and non-members of Seacoast United Maine North, please contact our Youth Program Director, Pete McDonnell at email@example.com or call on 207-922-1015